IEEE International Workshop on Advanced Robotics and its Social Impacts (ARSO) will take place in Genova, Italy, from 27 to 29 September 2018.
ARSO is a single track workshop to discuss advanced robotics R&D and its implications to economic and social systems, ARSO 2018 will focus in particular on the impact of AI and AI empowered autonomous systems.
Participants will be world class robotic research scientists, investors and economists, as well as representatives of industry and government.
ARSO’s topics range from traditional Robotics technologies, innovation, socio-economic aspects, but also psychological and philosophical aspects of Human Robot Interaction.
ARSO 2018, will be held in conjunction with IROS 2018 which will be the 1-5 October 2018 in Madrid (Spain).
ARSO started in Nagoya in year 2005, and traveled through Beijing (2006), Hsinchu (2007), Taipei (2008), Tokyo (2009), Seoul (2010), Half Moon Bay, CA (2011), Munich (2012), Tokyo (2013),Evanston (2014), Lyon(2015), Shanghai (2016) and Austin (2017).
Call for Papers
We invite submissions for full papers and abstracts, detailed instructions, latex and word templates, topics and special sessions are provided in the official call
. Submissions are managed through paperplaza
We are pleased to announce our keynote speakers:
- Alberto Sangiovanni-Vincentelli, Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Sciences, University of California at Berkeley, Californa
- Sabine Hauert, University of Bristol and RoboHub, UK
and special sessions invited speakers:
- Tony Belpaeme, Ghent University and Plymuth University UK
- Mirko Bordignon, Fraunhofer Institute for Manufacturing Engineering and Automation IPA, Germany
- Barbara Bottalico, European Center for law, Science and new Technologies, Univ. of Pavia, Italy
- Laura Convertino, University College London, UK
- Rinie van Est, Rathenau Instituut and Eindhoven
- Oliver Goodenough, Vermont Law School, Vermont (to be confirmed)
Additional information on the invited speakers can be found on this page.
The following technical tours are planned:
- Visit to highly automated coffee producer (Cellini Group, EKAF SpA)
- APOTECA robotic system of the Loccioni Group, at the San Martino Hospital – National Institute for Research on Cancer (IST), Genova
- Industrial production site of power generators, Ansaldo Energia
- Robotics Laboratories at Italian Institute of Technology, Genova